How To Redeem A Code On Xbox One
Xbox is truly the next generation gaming console. It offers everything that a new age gamer is mad about; improved graphics, sophisticated indulging games, valuable add-ons and a lot more. However to enjoy these add-ons gamers needs to know how to redeem a code on Xbox One. There are three methods to redeem a code on Xbox One. Here we will detail all three for you.
Manually Entering the Code
1.0 Login to your Xbox live account. If you don’t have an account already you can create one from the login page directly.
2.0 After successful login, navigate to Games and press A on your console to select it.
3.0 Number of options will appear; select Use a Code from the menu.
4.0 From the menu that appears choose enter the 25-character code. A virtual keyboard will appear, enter the code available with you using the virtual keyboard.
5.0 After you enter the code, a notification will pop up confirming what kind of code you entered. Select Confirm to redeem the code.
How To Redeem A Code On Xbox One Using the Kinect
- Login to your Xbox Live account through the appropriate Xbox Live account.
- Follow steps 2 and 3 as mentioned in the method above. Make sure your Kinect sensor is connected to the Xbox One console.
- When you are in Kinect sensor range and select Xbox, use a code, a QR Code scanning screen will appear automatically.
- Place the QR Code in front of the Kinect sensor, the code will be scanned in no time.
- After successful scanning a notification screen will appear notifying what kind of code you entered.
Redeeming Codes on a Computer
Sometimes you might want to consider redeeming codes through your PC instead of using console. To do so follow the steps:
- Log in to the Microsoft account visiting http://live.xbox.com/redeemtoken. Make sure you use the same email and password as you use on Xbox One console.
- In the menu choose Xbox Live and from the drop down menu choose Redeem Code.
- Enter the 25-character code in the pop up that appears.
- Log in to your console now and if the code is successfully redeemed it will be automatically applied to your account.
These are the three methods through which you can easily redeem a code on Xbox One.
Gamers can sometimes run into problems when they try to redeem code in their Xbox One. Here are some of the common issues reported:
“This code cannot be redeemed under your current membership type”
Some of the offers are released exclusively for Xbox Live Gold subscribers only. You can check your subscription type visiting:
- On Xbox One console- Go to Settings and then Account.
- Or on a PC login to your Microsoft account and visit Services & Subscriptions.
“This code has already been used. Please enter a code that has not been used.”
If you face this error then you can check whether the code is already in use or not. On a PC visit Services & Subscriptions and check if the code is already redeemed. On an Xbox One console you can visit Download History to know if the code is redeemed already.
For more information you can always use Xbox Support.